Applications are currently being accepted for the marketplace, which is part of the Galway Film Fair running from July 13th-15th July 2017.
The Marketplace is a unique opportunity to meet with the world’s leading financiers in an intimate and informal atmosphere, allowing new talent to be discovered and long term partnerships to be made.
The Marketplace co-ordinates pre-scheduled meetings between filmmakers with projects in development (priority will be given to projects which have a finished screenplay available and a percentage of development and/or production finance in place) and/or completed films and invited Film Financiers, Distributors, Sales Agents, Broadcasters, Film Funds and Major Producers.
A pre-selected group of producers with feature film/documentary projects will have the opportunity to meet with representatives of these companies. A project book will be available for all decision makers and in case of completed films viewing facilities will be available.
The Galway Film Fair’s unique selling points:
- Transatlantic Bridge
- Intimate and informal atmosphere
- Privileged access to the world’s leading financiers
- Showcasing new European and International cinema to leading Film Buyers, Distributors and Festival Programmers
A company may put forward up to 2 delegates to attend the Galway Film Fair marketplace. If two delegates apply on a single form, meetings are taken together. If delegates wish to take separate meetings, separate applications must be submitted.
- Each delegate is required to pay the application fee. Only registered applicants will be allowed to attend meetings.
- Applications will not be processed without receipt of the registration fee:
- Early-bird application fee per delegate: €175 (€350 for delegation of 2) | Deadline: Friday 5th May 2017
- Regular application fee per delegate: €225 (€450 for delegation of 2) | Deadline: Friday 26th May 2017
- Treatments should not be included at this stage, they may be handed over at individual meetings
- You may submit up to 3 projects in a single application. The synopsis, along with your company details will be included in a publication, entitled the ‘Industry Handbook’, which will be available for all decision makers at the Marketplace.
- Applicants should note that priority will be given to projects which have a percentage of development and/or production finance in place.