| Boulder Media
| 3D Lighting Lead
| Dublin 2
| Marianne McSharry
| 14 Hawkins St, Dublin 2
| March 7th 2017
| marianne.mcsharry @ bouldermedia.tv
|«Back To Jobs
Boulder Media requires a 3D Lighting Lead
Role Title: 3D Lighting Lead
Reporting to: Director and Art Director
Summary of the Role
The role of Lead Lighter requires a candidate with extensive knowledge of 3D software, with at least 5l years’ experience in a similar supervisory role working on CG TV or feature productions.
Applicants should have a good knowledge of the animation process as well as a solid technical foundation in Maya and render software. They will liaise with the CG supervisor and pipeline team to produce the project’s lighting pipeline.
- Work closely with the Art Director to set the required visual style of the show.
- Establish key lighting set-ups for locations and characters.
- Shade and Surface key CG assets meeting the art director’s visual requirements.
- Work with the Lighting team and CG supervisor to ensure the project’s lighting pipeline is working effectively.
- Provide regular progress updates to the Production Manager and CG supervisor on any technical/production obstacles within the lighting and shading schedule.
- Provide visual and technical quality control
- Establish, document and communicate standards and techniques for the lighting team.
- Lead and support the lighting teams both technically and creatively.
- All work to be produced in accordance to episodic breakdowns and deadlines as provided by the Production Manager.
- Support the Production Manager in recruiting.
- Produce and develop any training needed to enhance lighting crew skill sets.
- Oversee file management and ensure that all folders and files are organised optimally.
- Ensure that all naming conventions are adhered to correctly. Ensuring that all departments understand the requirements and have sufficient information to maintain correct procedure through the pipeline.
- Must have at least 5 years’ experience working as a Lighter (or similar position) in either broadcast or feature film work.
- Must have an excellent working knowledge of lighting in Maya and render software.
- Must be thoroughly competent in shading and surfacing materials.
- Must have a thorough understanding of light, colour, contrast, shading, and lighting design.
- Task Driven, self-motivated, and proactive.
- Must be proficient in Nuke.
- Knowledge of Python (and/or Mel) is a bonus.
- Experience with Shotgun (or asset tracking systems) is a bonus.
- Experience in lighting pipeline development.
The ideal candidate will be/have:
- A strong leader
- A team player
- Technically skilled
- Strong problem-solving skills and attention to detail.
- Self-motivated and proactive
- Open to direction
- Excellent communication skills
Apply Now / Email: marianne.mcsharry @ bouldermedia.tv
Deadline: April 4th 2017