Boulder Media requires a CG Supervisor
Role: CG Supervisor
Reporting to: Head of CG Pipeline
Summary of the Role
The CG Supervisor requires extensive knowledge of the 3D animation workflow and pipeline. They must be able to lead a CG team and have experience in a production environment. They must have a strong understanding of the production process, be a proven leader capable of motivating a team and have excellent communication skills. They should be highly organised and technically and creatively skilled. They will be part of a team tasked with building a CG feature pipeline and while making a CG feature film over the next 2 years.
- Identify key members of the CG team required for the production.
- Work with the other key technical members to create the pipeline.
- Project-manage the production from a CG perspective.
- Working with the creative team to define the required look for the project and ensure the pipeline can effectively achieve this creative vision.
- Identify technical as well as production-related obstacles on the pipeline/project and suggest solutions.
- Clearly communicate the production CG practices and workflows to the CG team.
- Provide creative and technical leadership and support for the project’s CG team.
- Work effectively with Production Management and ensure the team deliver on their goals.
- Work with producer to bid out assets and shots.
- Ensure Asset tracking workflows are used efficiently throughout production by the CG team.
- Previous experience in CG supervision on a feature film or TV series.
- Competent in using Maya for animation production.
- Experience with an asset tracking/management system such as Shotgun.
- Experience working in an animation studio and leading a CG team.
The ideal candidate will be/have:
- A strong leader
- A team player
- Technically and creatively skilled
- Strong problem-solving skills and attention to detail.
- Open to direction
- Self-motivated and proactive
To Apply: If you think you fit the description above please forward your CV, cover letter and links to your demo reel/portfolio/website to the email provided remembering to put “CG Supervisor – 3D Feature” in the subject line.
This role is only open to applicants willing to relocate to Ireland if required and all applicants must be eligible to work within EEA.
This company is an equal opportunities employer.
Apply Now / Email: marianne.mcsharry @ bouldermedia.tv
Deadline: April 4th 2017