| Boulder Media
| Lead Rigger
| Dublin 2
| Marianne McSharry
| 14 Hawkins St, Dublin 2
| March 7th 2017
| marianne.mcsharry @ bouldermedia.tv
|«Back To Jobs
Boulder Media requires a Lead Rigger
Role: Lead Rigger
Reporting to: CG Supervisor
Summary of the Role
Boulder Media are recruiting for the role of Lead Rigger on our 3D feature production.
The ideal candidate will have a good general knowledge of Maya and extensive knowledge of its constraint, deformer and dynamics systems. They will be expert in Python and Maya tool development.
The Lead Rigger will ensure rigging working practices are up to the required quality standard, and contribute to the ongoing development of tools and workflows.
- Develop custom rigs for the feature film production
- Provide regular progress updates to the Production Manager and CG Supervisor on any technical obstacles concerning the rigging schedule.
- Design, create, test and maintain character set ups.
- Schedule and delegate work to the rigging team
- Provide technical feedback to the modelling department.
- Work with production management to prioritise tasks
- Troubleshooting problems with animated rigs as necessary
- Should have at least 5 years’ experience working as a Rigger in either TV or feature film production.
- Must have an excellent working knowledge of rigging Maya.
- Task driven, self-motivated, and proactive
- Knowledge of Python is a must.
- Proficiency in developing tools for Maya.
- Experience with Shotgun (or another asset tracking system).
- Experience with developing PyQt/PySide tools considered a bonus
The ideal candidate will be/have:
- A strong leader
- A team player
- Technically skilled
- Strong problem-solving skills and attention to detail.
- Self-motivated and proactive
- Open to direction
- Strong communication skills
Apply Now / Email: marianne.mcsharry @ bouldermedia.tv
Deadline: April 4th 2017